Website Performance Optimization
Websites and web applications are more complex than ever. They often have multifaceted user interfaces with numerous features and elements, and their backend processes can be resource-intensive. When websites fail to load quickly, users are irritated and conversion rates drop dramatically. What’s more, page speed is a critical factor in search engine ranking algorithms.
Common Causes of Poor Website Performance
There a many factors to consider in identifying the causes for a slow website or web application. However, there many common – and avoidable – reasons why a website may be performing poorly.
- Adding too many plugins and widgets, such as social media tools that are slow to load
- Failure to leverage compression / minimization technics
- Improper hosting plans that emphasize low cost over performance (and actually cost website owners more in frustrated users)
- Servers that are not properly configured, such as Apache and MySQL tuning
- Poorly written backed code that is inefficient and takes up server resources unnecessarily
- Databases that are not modeled correctly, do not have indexes, have convoluted queries, etc.
Website Performance Optimization Services
Whether for a small WordPress site or an enterprise mobile application, Pedrera can help identify performance issues and implement cost-effective solutions. Here are a few of the ways that we work to speed websites up.
- Page speed analysis
- Hosting platform analysis
- Software architecture, code and database analysis
- User interface code optimization
- Database optimization
- Server tuning
- Selection and set up of optimal hosting platform
- Implementation of CDNs and caching techniques