Pedrera's approach to delivering solutions is founded on a process that emphasizes collaborative engagement with our clients. We are experienced with traditional project management, but we often work within the Agile Development Methodology to allow for requirements refinement and continual feedback from business users. To learn more, explore the project phases below.
Our discovery process emphasizes a comprehensive approach that clearly defines the assignment and determines the project plan. This is a highly collaborative phase, as we work together closely to understand the issues and opportunities.
- In-person meetings with you to obtain input and share ideas
- Definition of project goals and metrics of success
- Refinement and elaboration of proposal’s requirements
- Creation of project charter: project overview, requirements, risks and opportunities, timeline and support plan
Based upon the output of the discovery phase, the design process commences. Our approach stresses the design of a solution that will adhere to the project plan, while being user-friendly and sustainable. And as before, this is an open process whereby your feedback continues to inform our work.
- Data model, information architecture, workflows and process, nomenclature, etc. all flow from your specifications — no "square pegs in round holes"
- User-centric interface design and use of recognizable "patterns" ensure that the application is efficient and pleasant to use
- Design elements include the user interface design, system taxonomy, data model, wireframes and key process workflows
Once a solution has been designed, Pedrera then creates it using the Agile Development Methodology. This technique is based on the iterative development of discrete software units with frequent, informal reviews to ensure client satisfaction.
- Open review of units through our development server, with weekly status calls
- Validation and refinement of requirements and design during development
- Nimble approach that puts client satisfaction above "scope change" avoidance
- Mitigation of key project risks through open, frequent reviews
- Application adherence to technical best practices
After a complete, properly tested and approved solution has been finished, it may then be deployed to the live environment. Pedrera will work with you and any third parties to ensure a smooth, reliable and successful launch of your application.
- Performance testing on the production environment
- User acceptance validation and issue management
- Documentation and source code hand-over
- Training and knowledge transfer
- Implementation of a back-up and disaster recovery plan
Like any valued asset, your application should be properly monitored after its launch. For that reason, we collaborate with our clients to regularly review performance and learn how to improve it. We act as trusted partners, working with stakeholders to ensure the continued realization of their goals.
- Responsive partner, attentive to your ongoing success
- Solicitation and interpretation of user feedback
- Examination of key metrics to identify opportunities for enhancement
- We remain available to resolve any issues and participate in additional phases as necessary