Pedrera offers expert ExpressionEngine development services, including complete website builds, upgrades, maintenance, custom development, eCommerce, localization and performance optimization.
Expert ExpressionEngine Developers
Our in-house team of developers — all full-time employees working in our suburban Philadelphia office — build websites based on established best practices and years of experience building on the ExpressionEngine platform. We've developed ExpressionEngine websites for such notable brands as the University of Pennsylvania, the National Constitution Center, Johnson Controls, Climate Central, the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society and Philadelphia Gas Works. We're ready to help you, too.
Official ExpressionEngine Partners
Pedrera has been recognized as an authorized member of the ExpressionEngine Professionals Network since 2011. We've been members in the current ExpressionEngine Partners program since its inception.
ExpressionEngine Development Services
Pedrera has expert capabilities in the development of ExpressionEngine websites. Key services include the following:
- Consulting and architecture design
- Pixel-perfect conversion of Photoshop designs
- Deployment of plug-ins and add-ons
- Custom development and made-to-order features
- Full EE website builds, or enhancements to existing sites
- Integration with third-party platforms, such as SalesForce.com or MailChimp
- eCommerce development
- Multilingual and localized sites
- Performance optimization and acceleration
- Hosting setup, configuration and management
- Rapid turnarounds for projects with tight deadlines
Evaluating an ExpressionEngine Developer for Your Website
Finding the right developer for your website is critical. Putting your website in the wrong hands can lead to frustrated users, costly downtime, missed deadlines and lots of aggravation. To find the right ExpressionEngine developer, we recommend asking potential partners the following questions:
- How long have they been developing ExpressionEngine websites? How many sites have they built on the platform? Can they walk you through a few example websites?
- What is their experience with addons? Are they familiar with all the addons used on your site? Have they ever created custom addons?
- Do they have an established process for upgrades? What about taking over websites built by other developers? Can they clearly explain that process to you?
- Who is the actual development team? What are their names and specialities? How many ExpressionEngine developers are on the team? Are they full-time employees or freelancers? Where is each developer located?
- How do they handle development and production environments? What safeguards are in place to ensure uptime and quality control?
- What is their experience with server administration? Are they able to take over management of your complete web infrastructure?
- Do they have a consistent, “best practices” approach to security? What web security services do they offer? How do they ensure that your website will be well protected?
- Are they using ExpressionEngine as the CMS platform for their own website?
- Will they provide you with client references? Are these references for ExpressionEngine projects? Does the agency have good reviews online?
- Do they misspell ExpressionEngine as two words: “Expression Engine”? That’s not a good sign!
We are happy to answer these questions and any others that you might have. The more you know, the more you’ll appreciate our commitment to offering the exceptional ExpressionEngine development services.
ExpressionEngine Website Takeovers
Do you need a new partner for an existing website? We can help!
In our many years building ExpressionEngine websites, we've often been asked to take over a site built by a previous developer. We can fix bugs, improve performance, develop new features, take over maintenance tasks... you name it. We've done everything from cover for in-house developers during vacation, to complete rebuilds of improperly built sites. Contact us to learn more about how we can help.
Are you still running ExpressionEngine 3? Or maybe even version 2? You are surely aware of the importance in keeping your software current, as these legacy releases will no longer receive security or compatibility patches from EllisLab. But perhaps you are concerned about the cost or disruption in upgrading your site. Well, that’s where we can help. We have a reliable, inexpensive methodology for upgrading ExpressionEngine websites that we have refined throughout the years. Our approach is budget-friendly and painless — even for sites that are complex or poorly built. Get in touch with us, and we’ll give you a free assessment on how to best upgrade your site.
ExpressionEngine Support for Design Agencies
We routinely work with design agencies to convert their web designs into fully-functional, high-performance ExpressionEngine websites. This process typically involves converting Photoshop files into a responsive user interface, building the template system, deploying modules and add-ons, and programming custom features. We also help with project management, finalizing requirements, setting up hosting, search engine optimization, quality assurance testing, and end-user training. So whatever you might need, we're happy to help. Learn more about how we work with design agencies.