Whether for a small WordPress site or an enterprise mobile application, Pedrera can help identify performance issues and implement cost-effective solutions. Pedrera offers page speed analysis, code and architecture review, server tuning and other services to get your website or application running at top speed.
Websites Should Run... not Crawl
Websites and web applications are more complex than ever. They often have multifaceted user interfaces with numerous features and elements, and their backend processes can be resource-intensive. When websites fail to load quickly, users are irritated and conversion rates drop dramatically. What’s more, page speed is a critical factor in search engine ranking algorithms. That's where we come in. We can make sure your website is running at fast, so that your performance metrics don't suffer.
Website Performance Optimization Services
Whether for a small WordPress site or an enterprise mobile application, Pedrera can help identify performance issues and implement cost-effective solutions. Here are a few of the ways that we work to speed websites up.
- Client-side page speed analysis
- Hosting platform analysis
- Software architecture, code and database review
- User interface code optimization
- Database optimization
- Server tuning
- Selection and setup of optimal hosting platform
- Implementation of CDNs
- Proxy cache service design and deployment
- Application performance monitoring (ABM)
Common Causes of Poor Website Performance
There are many factors to consider in identifying the causes for a slow website or web application. The most common – and avoidable – reasons why a website may be performing poorly include:
- Adding too many plugins and widgets, such as social media tools that are slow to load
- Failure to leverage compression / minimization techniques
- Improper hosting plans that emphasize low cost over performance (and actually cost website owners more in frustrated users)
- Servers that are not properly configured, such as Apache and MySQL tuning
- Poorly written backend code that is inefficient and takes up server resources unnecessarily
- Databases that are not modeled correctly, do not have indexes, have convoluted queries, etc.